As the trade association representing leading industry sports and fitness brands, suppliers, retailers and partners, the Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) mission is to "Promote Sports and Fitness Participation and Industry Vitality".
SFIA is committed to embracing a broader community in the sports and fitness industry which provides a much clearer reflection of our current and future membership. The change from “Sporting Goods” to “Sports & Fitness” is more definitive about our inclusion of brands connected to fitness and active lifestyle products.
An internship at SFIA will enable you to develop the necessary skills to build a solid foundation for your career. Our interns perform a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis within one or more departments (Marketing, Research, Membership, Public Affairs, and/or Communications). All departments are always looking for extra assistance and new ideas. From the daily tasks of database and list management, to long-term projects which involve research and planning, the SFIA provides a unique internship experience for those interested in the sports industry.
Below is a list of some of the responsibilities afforded to our previous interns:
- Aid in marketing projects on an as-need basis
- Assist full-time staff with communication pieces sent to members
- Assist in the event coordination of SFIA’s National Health Through Fitness Day & SFIA's Litigation & Risk Management Summit
- Completion of one major Intern Project
- Daily database management
- Educational event planning and coordination
- Perform research for NHTF Day as well as SFIA company research
Website content management
At the moment SFIA is looking to fill Winter and Spring 2013 internship positions.
If you would like to apply for an internship with SFIA, please take the time to review the FAQs and complete the SFIA Internship Questionnaire by clicking here and then submit a cover letter and your resume to Vincent Mayor, SFIA's Business Operations Manager, at email@example.com or 301.495.6321 x 421.