As the trade association representing leading industry sports and fitness brands, suppliers, retailers and partners, the Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) mission is to "Promote Sports and Fitness Participation and Industry Vitality".
SFIA is committed to embracing a broader community in the sports and fitness industry which provides a much clearer reflection of our current and future membership. The change from “Sporting Goods” to “Sports & Fitness” is more definitive about our inclusion of brands connected to fitness and active lifestyle products.
An internship at SFIA will enable you to develop the necessary skills to build a solid foundation for your career. Our interns perform a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis within one or more departments (Marketing, Research, Membership, Public Affairs, and/or Communications). All departments are always looking for extra assistance and new ideas. From the daily tasks of database and list management, to long-term projects which involve research and planning, the SFIA provides a unique internship experience for those interested in the sports & fitness industry.
Below is a list of some of the responsibilities afforded to our previous interns:
- Aid in marketing projects on an as-need basis
- Assist full-time staff with social media and communication pieces sent to members
- Assist in the event coordination of SFIA’s National Health Through Fitness Day (Spring Semester), SFIA's Business & Risk Management Summit (Spring Interns) and SFIA's Industry Leaders Summit (Summer & Fall Interns).
- Completion of one major Intern Project
- Daily database management
- Educational event planning and coordination
- Perform research for NHTF Day as well as SFIA company research
Website content management
SFIA is always looking for the latest and greatest young professionals to have intern with us at our Silver Spring, MD office located right outside of Washington, DC. (Office is walking distance from the Silver Spring Metro stop.)
If you would like to apply for an internship with SFIA, please take the time to review the FAQs and complete the SFIA Internship Form that enables you to submit a cover letter with your resume as well.