The Sports & Fitness Industry Association is now accepting applications until Friday, June 30th for the prestigious Future Industry Leaders Scholarship Program at the 2017 SFIA Industry Leaders Summit.
Five selected professionals under 40 years of age will be awarded complimentary registration for this year’s Industry Leaders Summit, where they will be prominently recognized at the Summit Awards Dinner. In addition, recipients as ILS attendees will participate in unparalleled networking with industry executives and add their voice to the dialogue shaping the future of the industry.
Scholar Program Details
If you are a young professional, don’t miss this unique opportunity to join the conversation with seasoned industry leaders! Take advantage of this unique mentoring, learning, and networking opportunity by applying now for the 2017 Future Industry Leaders Scholarship Program.
Application to this program is open to any sports and fitness industry professional with the below criteria:
- Applicants must be currently employed by an SFIA Corporate Member or Non-Profit Member companies.
- Applicants must have aspirations for executive level responsibilities in the sports & fitness industry.
- Applicants must be 40 years of age or younger.
- Applicants cannot be a previous recipient of the Future Industry Leaders Scholarship program.
To apply, applicants must:
- Send an email SFIA a recent head shot of themselves, current resume and a short bio. In addition, applicants will need to answer two essay questions, in 300 words or less, that relates to their future outlook on the industry
- Applicants also have the option to have a supervisor send in a letter of recommendation to further support their application.
- All application emails and letters of recommendation can be sent to Jennifer McHugh, at: email@example.com.
- Preference will be given to applicants that are accompanied by a senior executive from their company
Don’t delay – completed applications are due by Friday, June 30th.
Our Class of 2016 Industry Leader's Future Industry Leaders included:
Kelly Becker- Innovation Partnerships, Under Armour
Brian Kane- Senior Manager, Commercial Manager & Costumer Insights, PrecorLindsey Maynes- Brand Marketing Manager, Gaiam, Inc.
Our Class of 2015 Industry Leader's Future Industry Leaders included:
Nathan Adelman- Associate Marketing Manager at Callaway
Ed Kane- Brand Manager at Rage Fitness
Chuck Rodriques- Director of Sales at SKLZ
Richelle Smith- Apparel Manager at Champro SportsAretha Thurmond- Associate Director of International Teams at USA Track & Field
Class of 2014 Industry Leader's Future Industry Leaders included:
John E. Bodin, III.- Outbound Logistics Manager at EvoShield LLC
Ryan Farrar- Director of Fall Product at Rawlings Sporting Goods
Mike Gugat- Senior Sales Manager at adidas Group
Jocelyn Brooke Vande Velde- Director of Education & Sales Training, Johnson Health Tech
Elyse Winer- Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications at MC10, Inc.
Previous Scholar Testimonials: