AFIRM Fitness Showcase Tour Has Solid Debut
DAY ONE MEETS HIGH EXPECTATIONS
ATLANTA, GEORGIA – February 3, 2011 – After the first day of the inaugural AFIRM Fitness Showcase Tour (February 3-4; Sheraton Gateway Hotel; Atlanta, GA), it’s fair to say that the event has delivered on every promise and then some.
“So far so good,” said AFIRM Executive Director/event organizer Chuck Leve. “We are looking forward to a dynamic reception tonight and another great and interactive day tomorrow.”
This afternoon, 11 educational sessions dominated the agenda. The topics and presenters were as follows:
- How to Successfully Reach the Corporate Market
- David W. Pickering, President & CEO, Preventure
- Back to the Fitness Future
- Doug Miller, President, SalesMakers
- Double and Triple Dues with Profitable Weight Loss in Your Club
- Donna Krech, President & CEO, Thin & Healthy Total Solutions
- Healthcare and Designing Successful Medical Referral Programs
- Dr. Kevin Steele, Principal, Communication Consultants
- Building Wellness Resource Networks in Communities
- Phil Trotter, President, Healthy Community Development
- Accessing the Active Aging Market
- Sandy Coffman, President, Programming for Profit
- How to Compete in Today’s Economy
- Michael Scott Scudder, CEO, Fitness Business Council
- The Future of Medical Wellness: Position for Profit
- Dr. Christopher Breuleux, President, Medical Wellness Association
- Using the Internet to Build Your Business
- Casey Conrad, President, Communication Consultants
- Maximize Your Conversion Rates & Increase Retention
- Erin K. Kelly, CEO, Les Mills Mid-Atlantic
- Mad Dogg Athletics Circuit Training Workout
- Master Trainers Renee Spriggs and Jennifer Hansen
Fun, interactive free circuit training with Peak Pilates, MVe® Chair, Bodyblade®, Resist-A-Ball® and freeFORM® Board
- Master Trainers Renee Spriggs and Jennifer Hansen
The speakers felt as if their time was well-spent and their presentations were well-received.
“So many clubs in this country are never able to get this vital information that will help them run their business better. This event meets the needs for these people,” Donna Krech of Thin & Healthy Total Solutions.
“I was thrilled with the response from the attendees at the Fitness Showcase Tour,” said David Pickering of Preventure. “Most of these folks have not had the chance to attend an event like this and being able to drive in for the day to be able to hear the variety of speakers that we have presents a fantastic opportunity."
Those in the audience were equally delighted to have access to such valuable information.
“We just opened a fitness room in our recreation center and this was our first time attending an educational event like this,” said Linda Parrish of Greene County (GA) Recreation. “We learned a lot of great nuggets that we will be sure to put to work in the center.”
“I found the educational events to be great, very well organized and as someone new to the fitness industry, the ability to drive 45 minutes down the road and hear all this great information was invaluable,” John Hildebrand of Cosmos Fitness (Marietta, GA).
As for what’s on the schedule on Friday, it all begins with the Wakeup Workout on the show floor from 7:30 am – 9:30 am. While the industry is getting fit, a television station (WAGA-TV; “Good Day Atlanta”; Fox affiliate; Channel 5) in Atlanta will be broadcasting four ‘live’ segments so viewers at home will get a sneak peak at what the fitness industry has on display for buyers later that day. And, there are seven more educational sessions on the docket.
Brands which have booths at the AFIRM Fitness Showcase Tour tomorrow include AbCoaster, ABC Financial, American Council on Exercise, Aspen Software, CYBEX, EarthSaver Specialty Flooring, efi Sports Medicine, fitness/em, FMI, Freemotion, Iron Grip Barbell Company, LesMills, Life Fitness, Mad Dogg Athletics, Pavigym, Polar, Power Plate, Power Systems, Rubberflex Specialty Flooring, SportsArt Fitness, SPRI, Sports & Fitness Insurance Corporation, TechnoGym, Thin & Healthy Total Solutions, TRUE Fitness Technology, and Twin Oaks.
And, the brands with exhibits are ready to showcase their latest and greatest……
“We at TRUE Fitness are very excited to be a part of the inaugural AFIRM showcase event,” said Beth Norviel, director of marketing at TRUE Fitness. “It’s a great opportunity for us to showcase our latest equipment to the most influential in the fitness industry.”
“We are excited to be a part of the AFIRM Fitness Showcase Tour in Atlanta,” said Kim Donohue, marketing and communications manager for Technogym USA. “We welcome the opportunity to be in the Southeast and show the attendees how they can move their businesses forward with our differentiating products and solutions. “
The Association of Fitness Industry Retailers & Manufacturers (AFIRM) is dedicated to developing benefits, products, and services specifically for fitness industry manufacturers and retailers. AFIRM will address fitness industry issues, help raise revenue and reduce expenses on behalf of its members, lobby Congress for pro-fitness legislation, and develop appropriate research. For more information, please visit www.afirmfitness.org.
# # #