Amazon Sports Executives to Headline 2016 SFIA Industry Leaders Summit
Silver Spring, MD, July 11, 2016 – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) 2016 Industry Leaders Summit (ILS) will feature Amazon Sports’ Category Lead, Fouzan Mansuri, and Sports Marketing Lead, Ryan Elvers, in a wide-ranging keynote fireside chat. The discussion will explore Amazon’s view of the sports and fitness industry, growth opportunities and key trends and threats likely to affect business.
“As our Summit’s theme this year is Navigating Disruption, we could not have more relevant speakers than Fouzan Mansuri and Ryan Elvers,” said Tom Cove, SFIA President and CEO. “The velocity and depth of change we are seeing in sports retail right now is unprecedented, and to hear insights from Amazon Sports is an incredible opportunity.”
Other featured presentations and panels include:
• Intelligent Manufacturing: Chris Ladd, executive vice president, Direct to Consumer, New Balance; Bill McInnis, vice president of Reebok Future; and manufacturing guru Walt Boyes
• The Latest Findings on Consumer Behavior of Millennials: Mary Shea, principal analyst, Forrester Group
• Using Crowdfunding to Enhance Innovation: Jerry Needel, senior vice president, Indiegogo
• Explaining the Latest Deals in Sports and Fitness Mergers and Acquisitions: Matt Tingler, director, R.W. Baird
• Global Risk and Potential Impact on Our Industry: Bernard Baumohl, chief global economist, The Economic Outlook Group
• How New Technologies like Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Are Changing the Retail Experience: Beck Besecker, founder & ceo, Marxent Labs
In addition, the ILS Dinner keynote will feature best-selling author and TV host Jon Heilemann (Co-Host, Bloomberg TV and MSNBC’s ‘With All Due Respect’) to analyze and offer personal commentary on the upcoming presidential and congressional elections.
Additional speakers will be released soon.
"It's been really exciting to help consumer product companies learn how to leverage this new channel of crowdfunding to accelerate innovation" said Jerry Needel, Senior Vice President of Revenue and Corporate Partnerships at Indiegogo. "We look forward to sharing some of these success stories and learnings at ILS,” he added.
New to this year’s Summit is the SFIA ‘Start-Up Challenge.’ The ‘Challenge’ will offer up-and-coming companies a chance to pitch new product or service innovations to a panel of senior executive judges from across the industry.
The Summit is open to current SFIA members and non-members within the industry. ILS Registration is currently 80% full, with over 100 sports and fitness industry brands committed to attending, including: adidas, Augusta, Asics, Brooks, Easton, Everlast, Life Fitness, McDavid, Mizuno, Modells, Molten, Nautilus, New Balance, Nike, Octane Fitness, Precor, Rawlings, Russell Brands, Shock Doctor, Speedo, Superfeet Worldwide, Technogym, Under Armour, and VF.
The 2016 ILS will be held September 14-15 at the Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, Colo. and is limited to the first 200 senior executive from the sports, fitness and active lifestyles industry.
To reserve your seat at the industry’s ‘premier’ networking event, register today.
ABOUT SFIA: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA), the #1 source for sport and fitness research, is the leading global trade association of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers in the sports products and fitness industry. SFIA seeks to promote sports and fitness participation as well as industry vitality through research, thought leadership, public affairs, industry affairs, and member services. For more information, please visit www.sfia.org.