Cleveland Cavaliers CEO & U.S. Secretary of Labor Added to Blockbuster Speaking Roster for 2016 SFIA Industry Leaders Summit
Full Agenda for Summit now Available
Silver Spring, MD, July, 26, 2016 – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) 2016 Industry Leaders Summit (ILS) will feature Len Komoroski, Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena CEO, and Thomas E. Perez, United States Secretary of Labor as keynote speakers.
“We’re pleased to have the CEO of the newly crowned NBA Champions, and the leader of the U.S. Department of Labor speak at 2016 ILS,” said Tom Cove, SFIA President and CEO. “Each bring a unique and relevant perspective, strengthening an already powerful list of speakers.”
Both Komoroski and Perez are scheduled to speak on the opening day of the Summit. Komoroski will present the opening keynote on the role of CEOs in today’s ‘disruptive’ business world, and Perez will tackle the issue of building growth in a disruptive economy.
The full 2016 SFIA ILS Agenda has been released and is now available online. Featured presentations and panels include:
• E-Retail Fireside Chat with Amazon Sports: Fouzan Mansuri, sports category leader, Amazon; and Ryan Elvers, sports marketing lead, Amazon
• NEW: SFIA ‘Start-Up Challenge': Five recently selected start-up companies have been awarded the opportunity to pitch their new product or service innovation to a panel of senior judges
• Transformation of the Sports & Fitness Industry: The Growing Influence of M&A Activity and Private Equity: Matthew Tingler, director, RW Baird; and Tony Armand, CEO, United Sports Brands
• May The Force of The Millennials Be With You!: Mary Shea, principal analyst, Forrester Group
• Geopolitical Disruption: Where is the World Headed: Bernard Baumohl, chief global economist, The Economic Outlook Group, LLC.
• Intelligent Manufacturing: Chris Ladd, executive vice president, direct to consumer, New Balance; Bill McInnis, vice president of Reebok Future; Dr. Peter G. Martin, senior vice president, Schneider Electric; and manufacturing guru Walt Boyes
“The opportunity to present alongside industry icons and be exposed to impactful speakers is both an honor and a privilege,” said Tingler. “In an increasingly uncertain year, a Summit like this provides the perfect forum for industry leaders and experts to come together to navigate the challenges of rapidly changing environment.”
The Summit is open to current SFIA members and non-members within the industry, with over 100 sports and fitness industry brands committed to attending, including: adidas, Augusta, Asics, Brooks, Easton, Ebay, Everlast, FGL Sports, Gaiam, Jet.com, Life Fitness, Mizuno, Modells, Molten, Nautilus, New Balance, Nike, Octane Fitness, Precor, Rawlings, Russell Brands, Speedo, Superfeet Worldwide, Target, Technogym, Under Armour, and United Sports Brands.
The 2016 ILS will be held September 14-15 at the Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, Colo. and is limited to the first 200 senior executive from the sports, fitness and active lifestyles industry.
Limited space is available for the industry’s ‘premier’ networking event, register today.
ABOUT SFIA: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA), the #1 source for sport and fitness research, is the leading global trade association of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers in the sports products and fitness industry. SFIA seeks to promote sports and fitness participation as well as industry vitality through research, thought leadership, public affairs, industry affairs, and member services. For more information, please visit www.sfia.org.