SFIA Selects Judges for Second Annual ‘Start-Up Challenge’
An elite panel of sports and fitness experts will judge the top industry startups as they compete at the 2017 Industry Leaders Summit
Silver Spring, MD, April 13, 2017 – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) adds an experienced roster of judges to its 'Start-Up Challenge' panel. This group of experts will evaluate finalists at the 2017 SFIA Industry Leaders Summit (ILS) in Chicago on September 13-14, 2017.
The complete list of judges is listed below:
• Brian Anderson, President, 2XU
• Brian Finegan, Head of Marketing, Sports & Fitness, Amazon
• Gene McCarthy, President & CEO, ASICS
• Scott McDonald, CEO, Body-Solid
• Jim Weber, President & CEO, Brooks Running
• Mike Savage, CEO, Empower Fitness
• Adam Franklin, CMO, Franklin Sports
• Chris Clawson, Former CEO, Life Fitness
• Bob Puccini, Board Member, Mizuno USA
• Jon Ram, EVP North America, New Balance
• Mike Zlaket, President & CEO, Rawlings
• Dan Arment, President & CEO, Riddell
• Matt Tingler, Director, RW Baird
• Marco Zambianchi, President, Technogym North America
• Jason LaRose, President, North America, Under Armour
• Tony Armand, CEO, United Sports Brands
• Catriona Harris, Founder, Uproar PR
“Our team has hand-selected leading experts to serve as judges on our 2017 ‘Start-Up Challenge’ panel and will provide top insight and feedback to the chosen startups,” said Tom Cove, SFIA president and CEO. “Not only are we excited to host these key decision-makers in the industry, but SFIA proudly supports the emerging sport and fitness companies and looks forward to learning more about their future growth and business plans.”
All finalists will receive publicity leading up to the event, recognition on stage during the annual ILS dinner Awards Ceremony in front of the judges and entire attendees of the conference with real-time feedback from executives. The winner will receive a spotlight in the ‘SFIA Insider Blog,’ national media exposure, a winner’s plaque, a free 6-week PR campaign from Uproar PR and one free year of SFIA membership.
SFIA’s annual ILS brings more than 200 C-level executives from across the sports and fitness industry together to examine an assortment of issues surrounding their businesses and the economy. Last year’s list of attending companies includes, adidas, Life Fitness, Mizuno, Nike, Speedo, and Under Armour.
Register for the 2017 Industry Leaders Summit here: www.sfia.org/ils
ABOUT SFIA: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA), the #1 source for sport and fitness research, is the leading global trade association of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers in the sports products and fitness industry. SFIA seeks to promote sports and fitness participation as well as industry vitality through research, thought leadership, public affairs, industry affairs, and member services. For more information, please visit www.sfia.org.