Asia Trade & Currency Active Issues
- No Breakthrough in Trans-Pacific Trade Talks with Japan
- Sixty Senators Push for Currency Rules in Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement
- Congress Extends Ban on Imports from Burma But SGMA Sees Future Lifting
- Sporting Goods Imported from Indonesia Face Possible Tariffs/Duties
- SGMA Members Forced to Wait on Burma Trade as Import Ban Likely to be Extended
- Sporting Goods Companies Cautioned Not to Jump the Gun on Burma Sanctions
- Congress Passes CVD Legislation Free of China Currency, Other Amendments
- Retaliating Against China's Currency Practices: A Look at the Road Ahead
- SGMA Opposes China Currency Legislation as Senate Vote Nears
- United States & South Korea Finalize SGMA-Backed Free Trade Agreement
- SGMA Urges Senate Leaders Not to Bring Up China Currency Legislation
- Threats of Congressional Action on China Currency Remain After Treasury Finding
- China's Action on Currency Clouds Legislative Outlook
- Tough New China Currency Bill Gains Support in Senate
Special Message From SFIA Public Affairs
For the past 107 years, the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) has been the leading source of research-based knowledge for the sports and fitness industry. The Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association has recently transitioned to a new name for our organization: Sports & Fitness Industry Association, with the acronym SFIA. The foundation of our trade association and the core constituents who benefit from an affiliation with our organization remains the same. However, we believe the new name represents a much clearer reflection of our current and future membership. This is not a shift in philosophy for our organization. It is simply a more accurate and transparent indication of the broader industry segments that we serve.
The above public affairs articles, and any others released prior to October 2012, you will see references to SGMA throughout it that pre-date our transition from SGMA to SFIA.
For more information related to the rebranding process, please visit the SFIA website at www.sfia.org/about/sfiafaqs to review our FAQ’s. You may also contact SFIA Headquarters at 301.495.6321.