Personal Health Investment Today (PHIT) Issues
- This New Bill Could Make Your Fitness Habits Way More Affordable (Shape Magazine)
- Physical Activity Tax Incentive (PHIT) Included in Congressional Report on Suggested Tax Reforms
- Study: Physical Activities May Bulk Up Brain Cells
- SGMA's PHIT Bill Gets Big Boost from Former Secretaries of Agriculture and Health & Human Services
- U.S. Congress Moving on Health Care Reform
- Congress Looks to Increase Physical Activity in America
- Congress Wants More Americans to Get 'PHIT'
- Overview of SGMA's PHIT: Pre-Tax Accounts Would Increase Participation in Sports, Fitness and Rec. Activities
- National Coalition to Promote Physical Activity (NCPPA) Helps SGMA Promote Legislative Agenda
Special Message From SFIA Public Affairs
For the past 107 years, the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) has been the leading source of research-based knowledge for the sports and fitness industry. The Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association has recently transitioned to a new name for our organization: Sports & Fitness Industry Association, with the acronym SFIA. The foundation of our trade association and the core constituents who benefit from an affiliation with our organization remains the same. However, we believe the new name represents a much clearer reflection of our current and future membership. This is not a shift in philosophy for our organization. It is simply a more accurate and transparent indication of the broader industry segments that we serve.
The above public affairs articles, and any others released prior to October 2012, you will see references to SGMA throughout it that pre-date our transition from SGMA to SFIA.
For more information related to the rebranding process, please visit the SFIA website at www.sfia.org/about/sfiafaqs to review our FAQ’s. You may also contact SFIA Headquarters at 301.495.6321.