CPSC, Product Safety & Legal Reform Articles
- Senate Passes CPSIA Bill
- CPSC Has Launched Public Database of Product Complaints
- CPSC Clarifies Treatment of Sporting Goods Under New 'Children's Product' Safety Regulations
- New California Regulation for Safer Consumer Products
- California Steps-Up Enforcement of Toxics in Packaging
- SGMA Submits Formal Comments Opposing CPSC Expansion of Children's Products Definition
- CPSC Seeks to Clarify (and Expand) "Children's Products" Category
- CPSC Issues Guidance on New Tracking Label Requirement
Click here to view CPSC Archives
Special Message From SFIA Public Affairs
For the past 107 years, the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) has been the leading source of research-based knowledge for the sports and fitness industry. The Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association has recently transitioned to a new name for our organization: Sports & Fitness Industry Association, with the acronym SFIA. The foundation of our trade association and the core constituents who benefit from an affiliation with our organization remains the same. However, we believe the new name represents a much clearer reflection of our current and future membership. This is not a shift in philosophy for our organization. It is simply a more accurate and transparent indication of the broader industry segments that we serve.
The above public affairs articles, and any others released prior to October 2012, you will see references to SGMA throughout it that pre-date our transition from SGMA to SFIA.
For more information related to the rebranding process, please visit the SFIA website at www.sfia.org/about/sfiafaqs to review our FAQ’s. You may also contact SFIA Headquarters at 301.495.6321.