2010 U.S. Trends In Team Sports
Ultimate Report on the State of Team Sports
Team sports have a vast appeal for young people. This may be why over 29 million 6-17 year-olds participate in team sports according to previous the SGMA research. Participation in team sports varies from year to year and decade to decade. Learn the most up-to-date information on team sports in the 2010 edition of the SGMA's U.S. Trends in Team Sports Report. This report not only reveals the most recent data and statistics on team sports, but provides valuable information for predicting upcoming trends, knowledge that is integral in the sporting goods industry.
Listed below are some of the highlights of the SGMA's 2010 U.S. Trends in Team Sports Report:
- Sales Hold Steady: Despite a predicted decline in sales, equipment sales held steady in 2009.
- High Hopes: Many executives believe that a positive trend for equipment sales will begin in 2010 and continue through 2011.
- Sharp Reduction In Casual Play: Over the past 3 years, the SGMA has found a decline in casual/pick up play
- Specialization: There is a trend that is coming forth of forcing young athletes to specialize in a single sport
- Team Spirit Remains High: Despite a drop in some athletic participation, the emphasis on organized youth and inter-scholastic sports remains high.
The 2010 U.S. Trends in Team Sports Report is FREE for all CORPORATE Members. Associate members can order the report for $325.
Are you a non-member who would benefit from this critical information? If so, don't wait! Order your copy for $495.
Did you miss our insightful webinar on this year's report? If you did and would like to capture the PDF Slides and recorded version of the webinar please click here.
Special Message From SFIA Research
For the past 107 years, the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) has been the leading source of research-based knowledge for the sports and fitness industry. The Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association has recently transitioned to a new name for our organization: Sports & Fitness Industry Association, with the acronym SFIA. The foundation of our trade association and the core constituents who benefit from an affiliation with our organization remains the same. However, we believe the new name represents a much clearer reflection of our current and future membership. This is not a shift in philosophy for our organization. It is simply a more accurate and transparent indication of the broader industry segments that we serve.
In this report, and any others released prior to October 2012, you will see references to SGMA throughout it that pre-date our transition from SGMA to SFIA.
For more information related to the rebranding process, please visit the SFIA website at www.sfia.org/about/sfiafaqs to review our FAQ’s. You may also contact SFIA Headquarters at 301.495.6321.
Customers who purchased this report also purchased the following reports: