Did You Miss Our SFIA Legal Task Force Webinar: Playing the Canadian Way?
In today’s business environment, it’s vital for our companies to understand how the differences between Health Canada and CPSC can affect your business in Canada.
This Webinar hosted by SFIA and our Legal Task Force taught attendees the important differences between how Canada administers its statutes and regulations which are similar to the CPSA and the CPSIA. Our panel of experts examined these subtle issues which can really impact industry member's bottom line when selling to Canada.
Webinar Legal Experts:
- MODERATOR- Mark Granger, SFIA's Legal Task Force Chairman who regularly advises US and European clients on Canadian compliance, moderated
- LEGAL EXPERT- Peter Pliszka, Partner from Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP in Toronto, Canada
- REGULATOR- Valentino Tramonti, Supervisor for Consumer Product Safety of Health Canada
- INDUSTRY EXPERT- Larry Weber, Director of Risk Management & Corporate Compliance at Bauer Performance Sports
Topics that were addressed included:
- Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) Overview
- Scope of CCPSA
- CPSA General Prohibition
- Toys Regulations
- Toy Definition
- How Young/Old is a “Child”
- Consequences of Differences
- CCPSA New Authorities & Requirements
- Industry Perspective
- How to Navigate Through the Regulations
If you missed this webinar:
If you have any questions or would like additional information on this Legal Task Force Webinar and/or our April 2013 Litigation & Risk Management Summit visit www.sfia.org/lrms or contact Lauren Wallace, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 301.495.6321.