Did You Miss Our Webinar: URGENT WEBINAR EDITION: China Tariffs Hit Sporting Goods Industry
On Wednesday, July 18th, 2018, the SFIA hosted a Thought Leadership Webinar that took a look at Urgent matter of China tariffs affecting the sporting goods industry.
If you missed this webinar:
To capture a recording of the presentation- Click Here
- If you experience problems viewing this recording, install the GoToMeeting Codec by clicking here.
1. Backpacks classified under 4202.92.20 are covered under the proposed 10% tariffs. Backpacks may also be classified elsewhere in the tariff, but not all backpacks are included in the tariff List 3.
2. For List 1 goods whereby a particular product is grandted an EXEMPTION through the current ongoing process, the exemption, if granted, applies retroactively to July 6, 2018, and will extend for 1 year after hte publication of the exclusion determination in the Federal Register. USTR will announce their determinations on pending requests on a rolling basis.
3. For List 3 goods (the main focus of the webinar) that are excluded in this first process, whereby companies can petition to exclude the 8 digit tariff subheadings, those products covered under the tariff subheadings will avoid 301 duties altogether indefinitely.
If you are interested in being a part of the SFIA China Tariff Petition, please fill out this form.
- Which specific products are facing the threat of a tariff
- Ways to avoid the tariff
- How to get involved with SFIA effort to exempt products from tariffs
- The exemption process