Register For This Event
Webinar: Is Relief From The Trade Wars in Sight? - Online
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 - Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST)
Is Relief From The Trade Wars in Sight?
With a new administration, there is optimism that sporting industry importers and exporters will be able to reduce the current high tariff rates on their products. While there are plenty of opportunities to lower tariffs, challenges remain.
This webinar will examine:
(1) tariff relief measures that are before Congress, such as the Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB) and Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
(2) US Section 301 tariffs against Chinese and potentially Vietnamese imports
(3) additional EU tariffs on US exports as a result of the Airbus dispute
(4) potential changes to Section 321 small value tariff exemptions.
We will address such questions as: when and how MTB and GSP laws might be passed? Will the new administration remove China 301 tariffs or allow for more exclusion? And will the new administration seek new 301 tariffs on imports from Vietnam? All of these actions have a tremendous impact on global supply chains, and this webinar offers insight into how to best prepare and manage these challenges.
Key Points of Interest:
- Status of the Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB)
- Status of Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
- Section 301 Tariffs and potential for exclusion
• John Brew, Partner & Co-Chair of International Trade Group, Crowell & Morning